Energy Star Rebates > New Construction Rebates
- The New Construction rebate is available to encourage contractors to upgrade to ENERGY STAR compliant windows, doors, skylights, heating systems, appliances, lighting fixtures, central air conditioning, and water heaters. Since the current building code in the town of Burrillville does not require the contractors to install Energy Star compliant products, the District feels this program is a great way to encourage energy efficiency in the construction process and to reduce the demand for electricity from these new housing developments.
- A contractor who installs the following items can receive a rebate not to exceed $500 per unit /home in 2017:
- ENERGY STAR Boiler/Furnace- $250
- ENERGY STAR Windows/Sky Lights, limit of 10 @ $15-maximum $150
- ENERGY STAR Doors, limit of 1 @ $40
- ENERGY STAR Appliances at $50 each
- ENERGY STAR Lighting Fixtures-$20
- ENERGY STAR Solar and Electric Heat Pump Water Heater-$100
- Central Air Conditioning, with an SEER of 14 or greater-$200
- The incentive will be applied to your electric account and is subject to funds availability.
Please see our downloadable forms section for Rebate Applications