Energy Star Rebates > Incentives for Electric Heat Conversion/Geothermal Systems
The geothermal heat pumps are similar to ordinary heat pumps, but they use the ground instead of the outside air to provide heating, air conditioning and hot water. By using the earth’s natural heat they are among the most efficient and comfortable heating and cooling technologies currently available. They use about 45% less energy than a standard heat pump, and they are quieter than a conventional system. ENERGY STAR certified heat pumps must meet the following specifications:
- Water to Air Closed Loop System: 17.1 EER
- Water to Air Open Loop System: 21.1 EER
- Water to Water Closed Loop System: 16.1 EER
- Water to Water Open Loop System: 20.1 EER
- Direct Expansion (DX) 16.0 EER
- If you purchase a Geothermal system or a Ground Source Heat Pump, you will receive a credit of 5% of the cost, not to exceed $350.
- The incentive will be applied to your electric account and is subject to funds availability.
- The District also offers incentives on converting from electric heat to another heating source. If you are interested please call the District office for more details @ 401-568-6222 x 223.
Please see our downloadable forms section for Rebate Applications